Do you have the endurance, are you strong enough? Let’s see!
The Jack Axe Challenge Course is built to test your man or womanhood with obstacles drawn from the days of the lumberjack and Scottish Highlander with a hint of strong man or woman competition thrown in for good measure.
This is the opportunity to challenge your neighbor or the whole town for $500 Prize money to be given, $250 to the man with the fastest time, $250 to the woman with the fastest time to complete the course, remember you have to complete it first.
Here are your challenges:
* First off is the Modified Caber Toss, we will be using a 16’ 4x4 for the men and a 12’ 4x4 for the women, that you need to flip end over end. You have 3 attempts, if not there is a time penalty.
* Then a stone carry to make sure your heart is getting it’s work out
* Then to the log tug which then turns into a log pull
* Now we throw axes, like the Caber toss, you have 3 attempts to stick the axe, if you do it on the first throw, you are moving on, if you don’t hit any of the three, there is a time penalty.
* Finally on to the Log Cross Cut, when the wood puck drops we stop the clock.
We will be running this course from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Grandstand area on July 15th during the fair. The is no cost to be a spectator, however you might feel the need to compete. There will be a $25 charge to run the course and your opportunity to earn the $250 prize money.
Sign up through our Jack Axe Challenge Course page!